Business Development Director
The Director of Business Development will develop and foster relationships with key decision-makers in genomics, biotechnological, and pharmaceutical companies. This role uses complementary development pipelines to secure business opportunities for the company.
· Identifying and prioritising potential opportunities for external scientific partnership and collaboration.
· Identifying and prioritising potential opportunities related to the genomics business at Genuity Science, including sequencing, software, genomics insights and analysis, target/biomarker identification and discovery, and fundraising.
Analysing industry activity and developing annual business plans for specific market segments and assigned accounts.
Developing and implementing account strategies and product offering/sales plans.
Building lasting relationships with key decision makers and buyers.
Anticipating and mitigating client challenges.
Collaborating with and leading cross functional teams to adapt and scope solutions to meet client needs.
Maintaining up to date activity, planning, forecasting, competitive landscape, and deal closure models.
Maintaining a current and professional level understanding of acquisition and use of genomics and related bioinformatics.
Participating in weekly status updates and other cross functional update meetings as appropriate.
Actively participate in professional meetings and conventions as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience
· BA/BS degree in a science-related field or equivalent related education and experience, plus significant experience in Oncology, Genomics research and in business development. Ph.D./M.D. preferred.
· 6+ years of experience in Genomics, Pharmaceuticals, CRO, Biotechnology, or SAS Business Development.
· Strong and existing relationships within the Biopharma space.
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail.
· Strong communications skills.
· Superior, outgoing, relationship-builder personality.
· Strong executive presence with a polished and professional image.
· Someone comfortable in a highly collaborative, team-oriented culture.
· Excellent time management skills and highly results-oriented.
· Enthusiastic self-directed worker capable of working independently and in small teams.
· Ability to impress customers and develop trusted relationships with prospects, customers, team members, management, and industry influencers.
· Highly motivated, energetic, and innovative approach to problem-solving.
· Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet demanding deadlines.